Literary Libations: What to Drink with What You Read
Written by Amira Makansi, & illustrated by Elena Makansi.
The definitive guide to pairing two of the world's most beloved pastimes: reading and drinking.
A bubbly, boozy French 75 with The Great Gatsby. Trappist beer with Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose. Old vine California Zinfandel with The Grapes of Wrath. And don’t you dare open Bram Stoker’s Dracula on a Sunday morning without a Bloody Mary near at hand. Want to know what to pour when your book club meets to discuss the latest literary sensation? Then you need a copy of Literary Libations!
Presented as a list and organized by genre, Literary Libations offers pairing recommendations for nearly two hundred works of fiction across many genres. With background information on both the book and the beverage as well as an explanation of why the pairing works this is a fantastic gift for anyone who loves to read or drink.
- Learn more about the world's most iconic books.
- Increase their knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits.
- Increase their appreciation for famous authors.
- Learn to craft beautiful modern and classic cocktails.
- And gain a fun and unique way to revolutionize their book club.